Just wanted to do a quick update ... I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my claddagh that I finished a few months ago. I had wanted to do a tin finish but couldn't find any round tins that I wanted. This weekend I went to AC Moore and had the luck of finding a basket that was just the right size (good thing it's Easter time :)). Thanks to Vonna for her tutorial on lining a basket ... unfortunately I am not in the possession of a sewing machine at the moment so I had to sew by hand. At least it was a small project and not a large one. Without further ado here is the top of the basket.
I decided to braid the ribbon I had gotten to accent it since it was a bit too sheer to hid the gap between the top of the basket and the needlework. I think the color matches perfectly with the darker colors in the heart of the claddagh.
This is the fabric that I used to cover the rest of the lid and line the inside of the basket. I love the blues and greens in it and think that the hearts are more appropriate for the design than shamrocks would have been. What an appropriate finish for today ... Happy St. Patricks Day! I hope you enjoy it!