Tuesday, November 3, 2009

PIF and WIP updates

Well, I heard from Belinda and Pike that they received their PIF a few weeks ago. I haven't heard from Gaby yet, but hopefully she's received it. So without further ado, here are the ornaments that I stitched for my PIF:


The Angels are from Leisure Arts' Holidays Remembered (Christmas Remembered Book 5). They are stitched on random pieces of fabric that I had in my stash (I think one was probably a 28 ct and the other two were either 30 or 32 ct) with the recommended DMC threads.

I've also made some great progress on DH's stocking. I've just got a bit more backstitch in the bottom, then it's coming off the scroll frame in order to add the beads. That aspect doesn't seem as daunting anymore since I completed a small project with beads as a present for my sister. That was the one thing I was slightly worried about. So right now I'm going to make my goal to finish his stocking by the end of November and start on mine. I think I will wait to do the finishing until I complete at least my stocking. I will also have to pick out a stocking for the little one as well. I'm planning on sticking with the Joan Elliot stockings from the Cross Stitcher magazine.


I've been working on two other projects as well. The first is the birth sampler for the little one. She's gotten nicknames such as Peanut, Pooh Bear, Dinosaur and others. We decided to decorate the nursery with a Winnie the Pooh theme (the classic style). I was lucky to be able to find this birth sampler kit from Anchor. Here is my progress so far:


The other project I'm working on is going to be a wedding present for a good friend. Unfortunately it's a wedding we won't be able to attend since it's two days prior to my due date in another state. At this point, I don't think it will be finished prior to the wedding, but we'll see how it goes.

I was able to finish a project for my sister this past weekend but since it's going to be a present, no photos at this time. I'll post a picture after I give it to her (I don't think she reads this but just in case). I still have to finish it into it's final form, but should be able to complete that this week. Other than that, I've decided to join Vonna's LHN ornament of the month SAL. I am also planning to actually start my work on my Bride's Tree ornaments for the Bride's Tree SAL this month so I will start with the Nov ornament and have them complete by next Christmas.

I've been enjoying the fall weather around here. The rain has finally gone away and hopefully it will stay away through out this weekend. Hopefully it won't be as long until my next update (I just need to remember to take pictures so I can post them). Next time, I'll share some pieces that have been framed with you. God Bless and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

staci said...

Very pretty ornaments! And your other stitching is looking wonderful as well :)

Pike said...

Yes, I am a proud owner of one of them:) It looks SO pretty! Thank you again, Dani!
Do remember to relax, you'll have a lot to do when the baby comes...

Einschies blog said...

Hi Dani,

sorry for being late, but I sooooo love my new angel ornie;-))) It´s absolutely beautiful, stitched with sooo very small crosses, thanks a lot for a great PIF;-))

Gaby

Maureen said...

love those angels - very pretty..