Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stitching meme

I have seen this on multiple people's blogs ... since I'm working on exchanges right now, don't have much to show so decided to do the following meme.
  1. How do you hold your fabric? Depends on the type and size of fabric. The aida stocking that I am working on is in a lap scroll frame. I have decided that I like stitching on certain types of linen in hand, using more of a sewing motion. Aida, I definitely prefer a hoop or the scroll frame (though have stitched in hand before).

  2. Floss licker? That would be an affirmative :)

  3. How do you thread your needle? Usually lick and thred through.

  4. What needle do you like best? Not particular at all ... got some smaller needles when I started working in linen (before often just used the needles that came in kits).

  5. Are you a needle loser? Sometimes, but my frames have magnets on them and I have a nice magnetic needle keeper (though managed to lose one off of it by flinging it to the floor one day ... I'm sure it's underneath the chair somewhere).

  6. What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? I am learning to like linen a lot, but don't mind working on Aida either. Often I'll use the recommended fabric but it just depends. Also depends what I'm going to be using the project for.

  7. Bobbins or floss bags? Bobbins for DMC. My few skeins of overdyes and specialty floss are all how they came (there are about 6 of them).

  8. Are you a scissors collector? Nope, I have one pair that I bought recently. Before I just used regular scissors or my mom's sewing scissors (the kind that have a spring in them)

  9. Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? Mostly when I don't have the time to get it framed before it's to be given as a gift. I neither lace nor pin but usually use the mounting boards for embroidery.

  10. Are you a floss floozy? Not really.

  11. Silk?Haven't tried stitching with it yet.

  12. Railroader?I had to google this when I saw the term ... nope, I'm not.

  13. Are you a pattern or designer snob? Nope.

  14. Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? Sometimes but not really. I've had good reception of my gifts so far.

  15. Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? Not at this point ... still fairly small stash.

  16. Do you wash your projects? I haven't really.

No comments: