- How do you hold your fabric? Depends on the type and size of fabric. The aida stocking that I am working on is in a lap scroll frame. I have decided that I like stitching on certain types of linen in hand, using more of a sewing motion. Aida, I definitely prefer a hoop or the scroll frame (though have stitched in hand before).
- Floss licker? That would be an affirmative :)
- How do you thread your needle? Usually lick and thred through.
- What needle do you like best? Not particular at all ... got some smaller needles when I started working in linen (before often just used the needles that came in kits).
- Are you a needle loser? Sometimes, but my frames have magnets on them and I have a nice magnetic needle keeper (though managed to lose one off of it by flinging it to the floor one day ... I'm sure it's underneath the chair somewhere).
- What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? I am learning to like linen a lot, but don't mind working on Aida either. Often I'll use the recommended fabric but it just depends. Also depends what I'm going to be using the project for.
- Bobbins or floss bags? Bobbins for DMC. My few skeins of overdyes and specialty floss are all how they came (there are about 6 of them).
- Are you a scissors collector? Nope, I have one pair that I bought recently. Before I just used regular scissors or my mom's sewing scissors (the kind that have a spring in them)
- Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? Mostly when I don't have the time to get it framed before it's to be given as a gift. I neither lace nor pin but usually use the mounting boards for embroidery.
- Are you a floss floozy? Not really.
- Silk?Haven't tried stitching with it yet.
- Railroader?I had to google this when I saw the term ... nope, I'm not.
- Are you a pattern or designer snob? Nope.
- Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? Sometimes but not really. I've had good reception of my gifts so far.
- Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? Not at this point ... still fairly small stash.
- Do you wash your projects? I haven't really.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I have seen this on multiple people's blogs ... since I'm working on exchanges right now, don't have much to show so decided to do the following meme.