Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday Stories: Engagement


Once again, I am joining in Throwback Thursday Stories, hosted by Jessica at The Mom Creative. Yesterday marked the 9 year anniversary of my engagement to my husband. So I thought I would share the first picture we took after it happened.


So the story behind the picture: we were spending the day in New York City on our way home from a wedding in Massachusetts (one of my husband's roommates from college). We had gotten tickets to see Wicked on Broadway. We decided to go on a carriage ride through Central Park (this was of course after we walked around the entire park since we thought there would be another place to catch a carriage other than just in the front). My husband surprised me when he asked on the carriage ride. I had known that it was coming at some point, and somewhat expected it later that summer when we were scheduled to go on a trip to the British Isles.

My sister is in the picture because she happened to also be in New York that weekend with friends. We met up with her shortly afterwards and it took her about 5 to 10 minutes to notice the ring. I was on the phone with my mom when she walked up, so kept the phone in my right hand so that my mom could hear my sister's reaction. After this picture, we went out to dinner, and changed (in some random store) before going to see Wicked (for the first time). I'm so blessed to have this man in my life. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: