Monday, October 22, 2007

First Ornament and Stocking Update

Let's see if blogger wants to upload pictures again. The first is the first ornament that I have done for the exchange. Ahhh ... success, finally. I'm thinking about doing the other three ornaments that I need to do for this exchange with the same pattern but changing the colors around. I have decided that I like the effect of the metallic thread but really don't like working with it. I had originally planned to do all of the green in the metallic, but decided to go back to regular floss for the large snowflake. I'm thinking about switching the colors on the next one and doing a blue and silver one as well. Different but same basic principle.

And here is the most recent photo I have of DH's stocking. Haven't worked on it too much lately with my schedule ... hopefully some more this weekend. What do you think? I can't wait to finish this section and move on to the bottom part. At this point, I should have them done by the next Christmas I'm home which will be in 2009 I think ;). Have a great night!

9 comments:

Mo said...

The little ornament is lovely and the stocking is making great progress. Have you tried using Thread Heaven? It works wonders with metallic thread. It comes in a tiny blue tub - it's a kind of wax. You run your thread through it and it forms a thin protective layer that tames metallice, rayon and other awkward threads. And a tub lasts for ages.

Anonymous said...

Your stocking is coming along very nicely!

Jane said...

Great progress! That little ornament is adorable!

Mary Ann said...

I love the little ornament and great progress on the stocking!!

Anonymous said...

OMg i love that stocking. Where did you find that pattern? I love anything ginger bread......*giggles*

Stitchingranny said...

lovely little ornament, it will look great in blue and silver. Try wetting your metallic threads with a damp sponge or cloth, it makes life much easier.

great progress on the stocking too.

Laural said...

Lovely progress on your stocking! Your ornament is cute too. If it was nasty DMC metallic that stuff is the devil. Better metallics are Kreinik and Petite Treasure Braid.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely stocking! And your Christmas ornament is really pretty :o)

Sonda said...

Looking good! It will be so nice when your stocking is done!!!