Monday, March 7, 2011

Recent Projects

Blogging has definitely taken a back burner right now. I just started a new school in preparation for a new job. I have been crafting and such. I am finally able to show you the sampler that I stitched for my sister and her new husband as a wedding present. I had it framed at my local LNS as I usually do and it turned out great. Without further ado:

"Wedding Blessing"
Designer: Cathy Bussi (from the Cross Stitcher July '10 Issue)
Fabric: Silkweaver 32ct Autumn
Threads: DMC (converted to my sister's wedding colors of coral and green)

I have also been able to start my daughter's stocking. I am hoping to be able to complete that before Christmas. I definitely don't have as many projects in progress at the moment (other than as ideas in my head). I have one other cross stitch project that I am currently stitching on and hope to finish soon. It is a gift for our nanny in appreciation for how she takes care of our little one and has really become part of our family. I hope to be able to share that with you soon.

In addition to cross stitch, my sewing machine has also been getting a workout. I made my first attempt of making clothes for my daughter. I decided that I would make her a Valentine's Day outfit rather than buying one this year. I used a L'amour honey bun from Moda (the line is designed by Sandy Gervais) for both the skirt and the applique. I decided to use the strips to cut a heart from rather than a solid fabric so that it would coordinate with the skirt. I think it turned out alright for my first skirt.


So I think that covers most of the crafty stuff that I have done lately. Hopefully I'll be updating more frequently with more projects and other types of things. Have a great night!

1 comment:

erin said...

I love this skirt, it looks awesome Dani. :)