Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Posting but Lots of Stitching

I know it's been awhile since I have posted. We've been somewhat busy around here so this has been the thing to fall off of the shelf. Around the time of my last post, my daughter was diagnosed with hip dysplasia so we have been dealing with that for the past few months. She has gone through being in a pavlik harness, an unsuccessful closed reduction, a successful open reduction, six weeks in a Spica cast, three weeks full time in an abduction brace and we're a few days into three weeks of the abduction brace only while sleeping. I think that about covers everything. She has been a real trooper through out the whole thing.

So in stitching news, I finished my Christmas stocking on Sunday. Here she is in all her glory:

Design: "Christmas Angel Stocking"
Designer: Joan Elliot (The Cross Stitcher Aug '06)
Fabric: 14 ct White Aida
Thread: Recommended DMC, Kreinik and beads

I started her at the beginning of Dec 09. So she took a little over 10 months to finish (I was able to cut the time that it took me to finish hubby's stocking in half). She and the gingerbread stocking will be heading to The Twisted Stitcher's Finishing Service soon. I can't wait to see what Vonna does with them.

On the subject of finishing, I also finished a couple of fall pieces that I had (both were squares I received in the Fair and Square Exchange). I choose to finish two as cubes. Here's one of my finishes (I still need to add ribbon my Halloween cube):

I love this fabric with this stitched piece. What do you think?

I have a few other projects that I am working on for the holidays. I have been keeping busy but don't have too many other pictures to show of my WIP (and most of them are for gifts). So instead I leave you with a picture of my little one and one of her baskets of books. Have a great night!


7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Your stocking is beautiful. I love the cube finish, must try one soon. Hope your daughter's problem is soon sorted. She is a real cutie.

Unknown said...

very cool...love that fabric!

Karen said...

Your stocking is so pretty...you have to be excited to have that finished. Cute cube finish too.

Barb said...

Good to see you post again. The stocking is beautiful Hope your daughter feels better soon. She is so cute.

AndreaLeigh said...

i love that she loves book! cooper is not into reading time just yet.

erin said...

So very cool. I love that stocking and the fall cross-stitch Danica. Such a sweet photo of little Caitlyn.

Natalia said...

Your stocking looks beautiful !! It feels good to finish, doesn't it?
Nice to find a Navy gal in the cross stitch world. I am married to a Navy officer myself, who was also stationed in Virginia Beach for many years.