Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas stitching

Well, I have been able to get some good stitching time in, so I've been focusing mostly on some Christmas stitching (since it's that time of year). First up is a piece that I wanted to finish for the Advent season ... I've picked up some coordinating fabric and just need to complete it in a finished form (maybe I'll work on that today).
Design: "Lights of Advent"
Designer: Erica Michaels (from JCS Ornaments 06)
Fabric: Unknown ornament cut from DSL
Threads: Recommended DMC

I've also been working on LHN's "Fa-La-La", the first ornament in their monthly ornament series. I don't have a progress picture but will post once I finish it. I decided to stitch it over 1 ... which has been an interesting experience. On Tuesday I finally pulled out the fabric and pattern to start my Christmas stocking. Here's what I had at the end of Friday night:
And this is all the work that I did on Saturday, while watching football and a Christmas movie (and doing other chores around the house):
I am really enjoying this piece. This one is Joan Elliot's Christmas Angel Stocking from the Aug 06 issue of the Cross Stitcher. Hopefully she won't take me as long as the first one (she shouldn't if I don't put her aside for months on end).

I'm enjoying the weather today much more than the rain we had yesterday (it was a little too warm for it to turn to snow here). Today is blue sky with white clouds, a bit chilly but not too bad. I think I might wrap presents today and maybe do some baking to send to family and friends that are deployed for the holiday season. I'm going to do a bit more stitching as well. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: