Monday, January 7, 2008

Fair Square Exchange

I've been meaning to post for a few days but have been slow at uploading my pictures. I found out that Mary Kathryn received my squares on Thursday but hadn't had a chance to post them yet. So here are the squares and other goodies that I sent her. The design is by Diane Williams (of LHN fame) - I took bits and pieces from various designs in Simply Blessed Wedding Samplers. I chose to modify the colors a bit since I knew that pink was one of Mary Kathryn's favorite colors.


I received my squares from Mary Kathryn in the mail today. I was really excited to get them. She stitched me a cute design ... now I just have to figure out how I'm going to finish it. I may like to do a quilt, but knowing me, that project would not be finished for a long long time. Without further ado, here are the squares that Mary Kathryn stitched for me and the extras she sent along (I love the color of the hand dyed thread she sent along).

6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, so beautiful...you both had an EXCELLENT exchange :) Congrats!!!

Sharon said...

Absolutely lovely squares both sent and received! A quilt sounds fun.

Sonda said...

What fun squares! I love seeing the squares sent and received by all the others!!

Anonymous said...

great squares! I especially like the colors you used on yours :)

Jane said...

Great exchange! The quilt sounds like a great idea!

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful exchange with Mary Kathryn! I love both what you sent and what you received!